Capitalizing on the proficiency of our professionals, we are able to manufacture and export an effective range of Bronze Putty. Resistant to chemicals, acids, solvents, and alkalis, these putty are used for repairing, rebuilding, and maintaining marine bronze parts including gate valves, pump wear rings, propellers, shafts, trays and chutes. Our Bronze Putty is formulated using premium grade ingredients and modern technology at our state of the art machining facility. Furthermore, we also offer these putty in quality packing to retain their effectiveness and purity.
- Machinable to metallic finish
- Bonds to ferrous and non-ferrous metals
Typical Physical Properties:
As mentioned below
- Limitations: Not recommended for long-term exposure to concentrated acids and organic solvents
- Working Conditions: Ideal application temperature is 55°F to 90°F. In cold working conditions, heat repair area to 100-110°F immediately prior to applying epoxy to dry off any moisture, contamination, or solvents, as well as to assist epoxy in achieving maximum adhesion properties.
- Mixing Instructions: It is strongly recommended that full units be mixed, as ratios are pre-measured
- Compressive Strength ASTM D 695
- Cured Hardness Shore D ASTM D 2240
- Co-ef. of Thermal Expansion ASTM D 696
- Flexural Strength ASTM D 790
- Thermal Conductivity ASTM C 177
- Adhesive Tensile Shear ASTM D 1002
- Cure Shrinkage ASTM D 2566
- Dielectric Strength, volts/mil ASTM D 149
- Dielectric Constant ASTM D 150
- Modulus of Elasticity ASTM D 638
- Color Bronze
- Mix Ratio by Volume 10:1
- % Solids by Volume 100
- Pot Life @ 75F 35 min.
- Specific Volume 12.4 in.(3)/lb.
- Cured Shrinkage 0.0010 in./in.
- Specific Gravity 2.23 gm/cc
- Temperature Resistance Wet: 120°F; Dry: 250°F
- Coverage/lb 50 sq.in./lb. @ 1/4"
- Cured Hardness 85D
- Dielectric Strength 25 volts/mil
- Dielectric Constant 75.0
- Adhesive Tensile Shear 2,680 psi
- Compressive Strength 8,540 psi
- Modulus of Elasticity 8.0 psi x 10(5) in.
- Flexural Strength 6,180 psi
- Coefficient of Thermal Expansion 33 [(in)/ (in) x °F)] x 10 (-6)
- Thermal Conductivity 1.57 [(cal x cm)/ (sec x cm(2) x °C)] x 10 (-3)
- Cure Time 16 hrs
- Recoat Time 10-12 hrs
- Mixed Viscosity Putty
- Allow material to cure for at least four hours before machining.
- Lathe speed: 150 ft/min
- Cut: Dry
- Tools: Carbide Top Rake 6° (+/-2° )Side/Front 8°F (+/-2°)
- Feed Rate (rough): Travel speed .020 Rough cut .020 - .060
- Feed Rate (finishing): Travel speed .010 Finish cut .010
- Polishing: Use 400-650 grit emery paper wet. Material should polish to a 25-50 micro inch. Store at room temperature.
For Industrial Use Only:
- 1,1,1-Trichloroethane Very good
- Ammonia Very good
- Cutting Oil Very good
- Gasoline (Unleaded) Very good
- Hydrochloric 10% Very good
- Kerosene Very good
- Methyl Ethyl Ketone Poor
- Methylene Chloride Poor
- Phosphoric 10% Very good
- Potassium Hydroxide 20% Very good
- Sodium Chloride Brine Very good
- Sodium Hydroxide 10% Very good
- Sulfuric 10% Very good
- Sulfuric 50% Poor
- Trisodium Phosphate Very good
- Xylene Fair