|Home||» Products||» Industrial Adhesives And Putties||» Steel Putty|
Taking the advantage of our sophisticated infrastructure facilities, we are engaged in manufacturing and offering Steel Putty. These puttys are extensively used in machine bed, tank, flange face, leveling, compressor, hydraulic ram, casing and pipe for general maintenance and repair. Formulated using optimum grade compounds and modern technology, our Steel Putty is appreciated for its attributes like fast setting, easy application and high effectiveness. We not just only ensure the quality of our putty but also offer this at an affordable price.
- Setup in 5 minutes, functional cure in 1 hour
- Applies easily. No special tools required
- Bonds to steel and many other metals, as well as concrete
- Machinable (see back page)
- Makes repairs that are non-rusting
- Remove all oils, dirt and grease by means of a strong cleaner/degreaser like C.T.C./ T.C.E./M.E.K. etc.
- Roughen the surface by grit blasting (8-40 mesh grit) or grinding. A 75-125 micron profile is desired for most applications.
- All abrasive preparation should be followed by another cleaning to remove any remnants from that process.
- Ideal application temperature is 13oC-32oC. Under cold conditions, heating the repair area to 38oC - 43oC is recommended.
- Add hardener to resin and mix thoroughly with a putty knife until a uniform, streak-free consistency is obtained (about 2 minutes).
- Spread mixed material over the repair area and work firmly into the substrate to ensure maximum surface contact.
- To bridge large gaps or holes, use fibreglass tape, expanded metal or mechanical fasteners
- Functional (75%) cure is achieved in 1 hour @ 30°C Machining
- Allow material to cure for at least 1 hour before machining
- Lathe speed 48 m/minute
- Cut: dry
- Tools: Carbide top rake 6 (+/- 2o) - Side/front 8 (+/- 2o)
- Feed rate (rough): Travel speed 0.50 mm Rough cut 0.50 mm - 1.5 mm/rev
- Feed rate (finishing): Travel speed 0.25 mm Finish cut 0.25 mm/rev
- Polishing: use 400 to 650 emery paper wet. Material should polish to a 25-50 micron finish.